87 3D Room Tags
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – 87 3D Room Tags. This tool allows you to place a Generic Model Family with Room information to create a 3D Room Tag.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select 3D Room Tags.
- The 3D Room Tags dialog will appear.
- Choose the selection set: Current View, Current Selection or Entire Project to filter the Text selection.
- Choose between Rooms, Areas or Spaces.
- Choose the Generic Model Family
- Click Add to add a Row.
- Select a Parameter from the Room Column.
- Select a Parameter from the Generic Model Column.
- Add as many Rows as you want.
- You select the Rows (Parameters) and click the Delete or Updated Selected button.
- To select the Rows you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button.
- or click Select All button to select all Rows in the grid
- or click Select None button to deselect all Rows.
- Click Update Selected.
- Two dialogs will appear, one with the overall results and another with a break-down.
- Click Close to view the Results.
Note: There must be at least one instance of the Generic Model modelled within the Project to gain access to it Parameters.
You add Rows and matrix Parameters from Rooms to Generic Models
Note: the Total selected is updating.
Note: You must at the very least select the Row with Element Id. The Tool uses this next time you run the Tool to match already placed Generic Models 3D tags with Rooms, and move already placed Tags into position (if the Room has moved) or update Parameters (if they have changed). If it cannot find a match, it will create a new Generic Model instance..
Note: Next time you run the Tool, it will remember your Added rows. Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - 3D Room Tags.