72 Workset creator
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – 72 Workset creator. Quickly enable and create Worksets based on a template. Note: will only create worksets in 2016 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Workset creator.
- The Workset creator dialog will appear.
- You add template Worksets to the Grid by:
- Loading existing Worksets within the Project by clicking Load from Project button.
- Clicking the Add button to add a new row.
- Enter a Name and select whether it should be Visible in all Views or not.
- Exporting the Grid to Excel, adding new rows and then reimporting.
- If you click Remove Selected button, the highlighted rooms will be removed from the Grid.
- You select the template Worksets you would like to create and click the Create Worksets button:
- To select the template Worksets you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button.
- or click Select All button to select all template Worksets in the grid.
- or click Select None button to deselect all template Worksets.
- To create Worksets, click Create Worksets.
- If the Project does not have Worksets enabled, then the tool will enable Worksets.
- Once complete, a confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of Worksets created, and an output dialog will show also confirming the creations.
- Export or Import the Grid as a template.
Note: The dialog when opened will display all Worksets within a XML template that has been Exported in the project in the grid, at the bottom right is the total template Worksets count in the grid. Within grid you can see the Workset name, Visible in all Views and Select. You can sort the grid by clicking any column header.
Note: the Total selected is updating.
Note: this dialog can be exported to RFT for further analysis.
Note: the tool will remember the first Export or last Import and load the template file into the Grid on load.
If a template is loaded the file will be displayed in the Path field. Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Workset creator.