43 Place Family Types
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Place Family Types.
This tool allows you to Place workplane based family types in a row within the current view.
This Tool is available for Revit 2012 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Place Family Types.
- The Place Family Types dialog will appear.
- Choose the selection set: Current file, or Working directory.
- If Current file is selected:
- If Working directory is selected:
- Select Include sub-directories if you want to select a parent folder.
- Select a Working Directory by Clicking on the button at the end of the Working Directory text box.
- Navigate to and select folder as the Working Directory.
- Click Ok.
- A dialog box will appear confirming the number of Families placed.
- An output dialog will list the successfully placed Families.
- Check a Ground Floor Level for placed Families.
Note: Those Families not placed are typical Wall Hosted etc.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Place Family Types.