37 Highlight 2D Elements
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Highlight 2D Elements.
Highlight 2D Elements allows you to Highlight 2D Elements across a Project, and check how many 2D patches have been applied to your project.
In particular this Tools Highlights Text, Lines, Filled Regions, Detail Components and Keynotes. This tool is good for enforcing Detail Component and Keynoting usage with drawing details. It may be best to complete this procedure on a copy of the file as it Overrides Graphics in View by Element.
This Tool is available for Revit 2012 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Highlight 2D Element.
- The Highlight 2D Elements dialog will appear.
- Choose the selection set: Current View, or Entire Project.
- Choose the colour for each of the 2D Element Type by clicking the coloured buttons.
- Select a colour.
- Click Ok.
- A results dialog will show, listing all Views, the Sheet the View is on, the total Elements including 3D Elements in each View and the counts for, Text, Lines, Filled Regions, Detail Components and Keynotes for each View.
- Once completed you can close the dialogs and browse to the Views to see the colours and issue you might have visually.
Note: By default those that are considered bad are in Red and those that are considered good are in Green.
Note: The progress bar updaties as it works its way through each View.
Note: This dialog can be exported to RFT for further analysis.
Note: Highlight 2D Elements Overrides Graphics in View.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Highlight 2D Elements.