34 Shared Parameters
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Shared Parameters.
Shared Parameters allows you to bulk load Shared Parameters into one or more Family files.
This Tool is available for Revit 2012 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool you must first be in a Family file, then navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Shared Parameters.
- The Shared Parameters dialog will appear.
- First Select the Selection Set, either the Current File or a Working Directory.
- If you select Working Directory you will be asked if you want to Include sub-directories.
- Click the browse button and navigate to and select the Directory that contains the Families you want to add Shared Parameters to.
- Click the Load button to browser for the Shared Parameter File.
- Once loaded the grid will display all Shared Parameters in the file including the Name, the Data Type, a Type/Instance check box and a select check box.
- Select the Shared Parameters you would like to add to the families:
- To select the Shared Parameters you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button Note: the Total selected is updating.
- or click Select All button to select all Shared Parameters in the grid.
- or click Select None button to deselect all Shared Parameters.
- Choose whether the Parameters are to be Type or Instance.:
- Click Ok.
- Once complete a dialog will show listing the files that have been processed, including:
- The number of Shared Parameters that are already added.
- The number that were added.
- The number that failed.
- When you close the dialogs you and check the Revit Family Types dialog you will see the newly added Shared Parameters.
Note: Those that were already added are not updated.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Shared Parameters.