17 Referencing File List
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Referencing File List. Referencing File List lists all Revit, DWG and Image references within the project and also allows you to go to the view hosting the Referencing File or delete the Referencing File. A great tool for keeping an eye on Referencing files especially IMPORTED CAD files and view specific hidden files.
- To run the tool navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Referencing File List.
- The Referencing File List dialog will appear.
- You select the Referencing Files you would like to view or delete and click the Go to View or Delete Selected button:
- To select the Referencing Files you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button.
- or click Select All button to select all Referencing Files in the grid
- or click Select None button to deselect all Referencing Files.
- If you click the Go to View button, you may see the standard There is no open view...
- Click Ok, the Revit View will change and highlight the selected Elements.
- If you click Delete Selected button you are prompted asking if you are sure you want to delete the selected items.
- If yes is selected then a confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of Referencing Files that were deleted, and an output dialog will show also confirming the Referencing Files.
- Referencing File List also allows you to Export the Grid to a CSV file for further exploration within excel.
Note: The dialog when opened will display all Referencing Files in the project in the grid, at the bottom right is the total Referencing File count in the grid. Within grid you can see the element ID, the Type (DWG, Revit or Image), the Name, if the file is linked or imported, if it is view specific, the level it is associated to, if it is hidden, the workset, the path and Select. You can sort the grid by clicking any column header.
Note: the Total selected is updating.
Note if multiple Referencing Files are selected over multiple views then only the last view will in the selection list will be displayed.
Note: this dialog can be exported to RFT for further analysis.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Referencing File List.