143 Convert DWGs
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – 143 Convert DWG’s.
This tool allows you to Convert Linked CAD files to Revit Line Work.
- Find the tool Bonus Tools Tab and select to run.
- Select a DWG.
- The dialog will appear.
- Selected DWG.
- Select to convert lines directly in the Project or a Family.
- Select Detail, Model, Area, Room or Space line type.
- Browser to the location of your family templates.
- Select the family template to use.
- Select Detail or Model line type.
- Select the Family View.
- Select to move the DWG to 0,0,0 before the conversion starts.
- Enter the Family Name.
- Select the output location.
If Project is select
If Family is selected.
- Select the Categories to map the CAD Layers/Lines to.
- Select OK to create.
- Save the Category/CAD mapping.
- Load previously exported settings.
- Re-load Category/CAD mapping.
- Category/CAD mapping settings.
Note: any un-mapped CAD Layers will be skipped.
Note: Large DWG's will take time to convert.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Convert DWGs.