11 3D View for Selected Elements
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - 3d View for Selected Elements
3d View for Selected Elements allows you to create a 3d View with a Section Box around the currently select Elements. This is a great tool for quickly isolating Elements in 3D for inspection. Note: Add a Keyboard Shortcut to speed up the process.
This Tool is available for Revit 2012 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool first select elements in the view you wish to isolate.
- Then navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select 3d View for Selected Elements.
- The 3d View for Selected Elements dialog will appear.
- Enter the margin around the Elements to extend the Section Box by and whether you would like to use the last 3D View - this helps reduce the number of temporary 3D Views.
- The new 3D View will open and you will see the 3D geometry within a Section Box for your quick exploration.
- If you look within the Project Browser you will find the new View, called 3D View with a sequential number starting at 1.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - 3d View for Selected Elements.